Peer Reviewed Articles
7. Funk, Kendall D. and Andrew Q. Philips. 2019. "Representative Budgeting: Women Mayors and the Composition of Spending in Local Governments." Political Research Quarterly 72(1): 19-33. [Link] [PDF] [Replication] [Supplemental]
- Winner of the 2019 PRQ Best Article Award.
- Winner of the 2015 Marian Irish Award.
- Featured in a Political Research Quarterly Podcast.
2. Escobar-Lemmon, Maria C. and Kendall D. Funk. 2018. "Women's Representation in Subnational Governments: Replicating National Institutions or Forging a Unique Path?" In Gender and Representation in Latin America, ed. Leslie Schwindt-Bayer, New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 99-118. (Peer reviewed) [Link] [PDF] [Appendix]
1. Meier, Kenneth J. and Kendall D. Funk. 2017. "Experiments and the Classical Roots of Public Administration: Comments on the Potential Utility of Experiments for Contemporary Public Management." In Experiments in Public Administration Research: Challenges and Contributions, eds. Oliver James, Sebastian Jilke, and Gregg Van Ryzin, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 37--55. [Link] [PDF]